- @Mala_DMZ and @DJSimbad come together for Super Dub mix of Noches Sueños ow.ly/ma3K6 #MalaInCuba 8 hours ago
- @maryannehobbs Was hoping that was a PWEI reference. Only slightly disappointed! 9 hours ago
- @JohnTalabot and @Pional_music team up once more on #Destiny (Dubtools Version) ow.ly/m9Rhc 9 hours ago
- Could everyone stop dying at Stone Roses gigs please?? ow.ly/m8Nwk #monkeyseemonkeydo 16 hours ago
- Sophie promises to make you feel better with spaced out electronica ow.ly/m8MY4 #Bipp #Elle @Numbers 16 hours ago
Tag Archives: Humour
The most amazing rap group has recently come to my attention: Die Antwoord or “The Answer”. They’re an Afrikaans hip-hop group who’ve been producing music in Cape Town for about a year now.
According to a recent interview with Vice Magazine, they produce “rap-rave next level shit” in a mixture of Afrikaans and English. Unbelievably, they’re completely serious in what they do – which only adds to the hilarity.
Die Antwoord are Ninja, Yo-Landi Vi$$er and DJ Hi-Tek. They’ve had so much publicity of late because of the Enter The Ninja video that their original website hosters removed their site because of bandwith-buggery. Since then they’ve relocated to a US-based server and have signed with Sony. Honestly.
And if you wondered what in the shit “Zef” was, Watkin “Ninja” Tudor Jones (least cool name ever, by the way) explains all:
“Zef is our flavour, our style. It means fucking cool. But even more cool than fucking cool. No one can fuck with your shit. Zef’s the ultimate style, basically.”
You really should read the Vice interview. It’s a total stitch-up but it’s hard to sympathise when they invite it so fervently.
I know ‘Where’s My Monkey’ is as old as time itself but it’s still hilarious. Also, I found this bootleg of a James Brown classic on YouTube.
I don’t know anything about this Parker chap but it’s a really cool new development in the bootlegging scene. Let’s face it, Go Homes Productions never did anything this good. The jerk.
Download: Parker – Where’s My Monkey
http://www.youtube.com/v/Q6pbZLiLt30&hl=en_GB&fs=1&I know this is unbelievably ancient in the grand scheme of the internets, but it’s still hilarious and really pokes fun at badly made grime. South East Londoners, Red Hot Entertainment comprise Gracious K, Jaxor, J Formula, Kabir, Klayze Flaymez, Terra Kid, X Ray. They don’t seem to be doing anything anymore and the rest of the stuff on their MySpace isn’t that great but this tune is still hilarious, and I’m 90% sure they’re kidding.