- @luckyme If that was you I shall be mighty cross! Just spent, like, my entire life trying to get into my account! #loveyoureallyguys 5 hours ago
- @Quadraticmusic return with a junglist rendering of #Chicago ow.ly/lg3L2 #BetweenTheCracks @droidsong 5 hours ago
- @StandishCarlyon announce tour with @HTRK_ remix of Nono/Yoyo ow.ly/ldG6m @feltesounds #nonoyoyo 1 day ago
- To everyone who said Daft Punk's album would be album of the year: You are going to feel so stupid when the new QOTSA album comes out. 1 day ago
- @TOKiMONSTA and @UltraMan7000 (Kool Keith)’s The Force gets the remix treatment ow.ly/lbqKo @ultrarecords 2 days ago
Tag Archives: Brainfeeder
Last year Modeselektor teamed up with Busdriver for the track ‘Pretentious Driver’ from their Monkeytown album, a thumping hip-hop banger with plenty of kick. Well, it appears I wasn’t the only person impressed by by Busdriver’s unique, disorienting flow and disregard for conventional structure; apparently Lapalux was a bit of fan too.
Flying Lotus’s Brainfeeder imprint has announced they will be releasing the debut album from Lapalux, entitled ‘Nostalchic’. Better than that, they’ve even posted a track from the album on Soundcloud.
Stuart Howard aka Lapalux has announced he will be releasing his second EP for Brainfeeder, entitled ‘Some Other Time’. ‘Forgetting And Learning Again’, which is taken from the upcoming EP, sees Howard enlist vocalist Kerry Leatham to inject some much-needed warmth and soul into the post-dubstep world.
You may remember Teebs releasing a spectacular debut album recently in the form of ‘Ardour’, well he’s back with a new project ‘Collections’. The new series of releases is designed to be a well-rounded aesthetic assault, featuring original productions, sketches and hopefully nothing odorous.
In the spirit of James Blake and Flying Lotus producing piano-driven electronic music, comes Austin Peralta; son of Z-boy skater and documentary maker Stacy Peralta. Having been signed to Flying Lotus‘ imprint Brainfeeder, we predict big things for this fresh-faced youngster.
Despite barely being out of nappies he’s already clocked up an impressive CV, working with the likes of Erykah Badu and Shafiq Husayn. FlyLo aka Steve Ellison describes this latest signing as “a step in the direction of where I want Brainfeeder to go. True musicianship as well as some interesting electronics.”
Keep your eyes peeled for his debut LP ‘Endless Planets’ on Brainfeeder and third to date on February 15, featuring collaborations with The Cinematic Orchestra and Heidi Vogel.