Nick “Cuttooth” Cooke first came to my attention with his truly stunning collaboration with King Midas Sound’s Kiki Hitomi on the track ‘Old Tape Machine‘. Cuttooth is essentially a hip-hop producer, but in the loosest possible terms. His beats do stick more or less to hip-hop constraints, yet there’s so much besides that; folk, IDM, soul, funk and shoegaze all get a look in. But it’s his work with vocalists that really shines through. Besides his work with Hitomi, Cuttooth has long been collaborating with Bridie Jackson (another well-known face in the North East music scene), most notably on ‘Cold Moon‘.
- Grimy upstart @PJam100 announces new EP for @BeatCampDaLabel ow.ly/lmfNb #Flipside 13 hours ago
- #Video: @WhenSaints Go Machine - Love And Respect feat. @KillerMikeGTO ow.ly/lm7qA 14 hours ago
- @luckyme If that was you I shall be mighty cross! Just spent, like, my entire life trying to get into my account! #loveyoureallyguys 3 days ago
- @Quadraticmusic return with a junglist rendering of #Chicago ow.ly/lg3L2 #BetweenTheCracks @droidsong 3 days ago
- @StandishCarlyon announce tour with @HTRK_ remix of Nono/Yoyo ow.ly/ldG6m @feltesounds #nonoyoyo 4 days ago